Thank you for your interest in working for MetroPlan Orlando! Questions should be directed to our Human Resources department via email at email@example.com. Please note that we do not hold unsolicited resumes.
MetroPlan Orlando is seeking a Fiscal Manager. This position works within the Department of Finance & Administration.
This is a highly professional position primarily responsible for the daily accounting and finance functions of the organization. This position is responsible for maintaining the accounting records including accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, depreciation, and month-end/year-end closing. In addition, this position is responsible for Federal and State compliance including W2s, W3s, 1099s, 941s, UCT-6, and grant compliance including Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200).
Among the Fiscal Manager’s responsibilities are:
• journal entries, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and accuracy of the general ledger
• month-end and year-end closings including depreciation, financial statement preparation, and required month-end/year-end reports
• preparation and submittal of tax deposits and all quarterly and annual tax filings including, but not limited to, 941s, W2s, W3s, and 1099s
• organizing and maintaining all grant records
• overseeing fixed asset inventory records including maintaining an accurate depreciation schedule, adding and deleting fixed assets from the records, and conducting an annual inventory of fixed assets
• assist the Director of Finance and Administration in preparation of the budget
• records retention process for the Department including staying current on changing rules and Statutes, documenting and processing documents for disposal on at least an annual basis, and training other departments and staff on proper retention procedures
• assist outside auditors including preparation of reconciliation documents, providing requested documents to auditors, creation of draft financial statements, and other duties as necessary for a clean audit
Send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Director of Finance & Administration, MetroPlan Orlando, 250 South Orange Avenue, Suite 200, Orlando, FL 32801. Completion of a MetroPlan Orlando employment application form will be required of those selected for interview.
This position will be open until filled. Applications must be received by Friday, February 24, 2017.
More information is available in the job description below.
Fiscal Manager Job Description
MetroPlan Orlando is an equal opportunity employer, a drug-free workplace, and a tobacco-free workplace. It is the policy of MetroPlan Orlando that all applicants selected for employment must sign an Affidavit for Non-Use of Tobacco Products in order to be hired by MetroPlan Orlando. The non-use of tobacco products must have been for a period of at least six months immediately preceding application for employment and must be maintained and continued for the duration of employment with MetroPlan Orlando.
Federal law requires that MetroPlan Orlando verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. MetroPlan Orlando will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. See documents below for details.